Thursday, September 08, 2005

IN CASE U MISSED IT: Battle on, Alita

MangaLife.com, the newer manga upstart site run by SilverBulletComicBooks.com that also runs features on the SilverBullet homesite (a smart move on their part I think, as it didn't originally to my knowledge), has a recent review for a volume from the long running and popular manga series, Battle Angel Alita.

You can find the review HERE

I bring it up not only because Battle Angel Alita is one of my all time fave mangas (and comics period, for that matter), and it influenced me greatly when creating my own comics, but because Alita came and went domestically, before the big manga boom. So I suspect there are a good amount of newly converted manga fans who've yet to try this masterful tale (at least the original, I know VIZ is currently releasing a follow up series of sorts, but I've yet to read it).

Yukito Kishiro weaves a long, and complex tale about Alita's journey from motor-ball fighter, to spiritual transcendence, that's filled with astounding and masterful artwork. If you're a fan of manga and haven't checked Alita out yet, or even if you normally avoid manga, Alita has enough to offer for just about anyone to give it a shot. Not to mention, James Cameron was to be working on a live action/CG/digital-3D theatrical version for 2007, and there's already an Anime movie out there...

No comments: