Tuesday, September 27, 2005

IN CASE U MISSED IT: Livewires shouldn't fizzle!

In the current installment of the Pipeline column on CBR.com, Augie De Blieck joins the chorus of reviewers (and myself) singing the praises of the under-appreciated Marvel mini-series, Livewires.

From the column:

Either way, the damage is done. Sales on the mini were low, and the only hope for its return is in the digest-sized trade paperback coming out next month. I'm making it my job today to explain to you why I think buying the book would be a very good idea.
...
All in all, LIVEWIRES is a lively trip through the Marvel Universe, filled with lighter moments, surprising levels of characterization, and a slick script and appearance. It's far better than its initial sales might indicate. Hopefully, this can rise above the level of "cult classic" with the collection in October.

You can read the full review HERE

Folks, I've said it before, and I'll say it again.
This series rocked.
Adam Warren rocks.
What are you waiting for?
Buy the damn book!!

No comments: