Tuesday, March 14, 2006

CRISIS IN INFINITE COMIC SHOPS! 3/15

There's a crisis going on in comic shops across America, and indeed the world, the big two publishers are releasing infinite spin-offs, crossovers, and variant covers to squeeze every last hard-earned dollar out of the existing fanbase. It's up to people like me, in our tireless crusade to bring you something different, something independent, something good. This is a list of such items.
Read on, explore, and enjoy!


NOW WITH LINKING, FOR EXTRA-EASE!

BOOM STUDIOS
Planetary Brigade #2 - I've never really read any Giffen/DeMatteis books, they were big durning my dark period. I have signed up for Hero Squared, and if I like that, I'll give this one, their team book, a shot.

DEVILS DUE
Black Harvest #4 - You've gotta give it up to Josh Howard. Not only does he have style, and storytelling chops, but he's also reliable. His books come out on a regular basis, and at a good pace.

DIGITAL NOIXE
Delete #3 - It's a top-heavy chick in a comics-of-the-90's vein, but with a little something extra to make it worth checking out (though it's taken about 2 years for 3 issues...)

FENICKX
Archaic #2 - Met the creators of this interesting goth-tech fantasy title at last year's WWChicago. Check this one out.

IMAGE
Body Bags: 3 the Hard Way One-Shot - Oh yeah, new Pearson baby! Sound the trumpets!!!
Girls #11 - I'd missed 9 and 10, but just picked them up, and it's still a fun read...
Looking Glass Wars: Hatter M #2 - My wife loves the book this is based on, and from what I've seen of the website, this concept is very cool.

3 comments:

Cary said...

finally! some new Body Bags! i was beginning to think it was never going to happen!

Jason Martin said...

Yeah!
I forget, I think there's 3 stories in this one-shot, and just one of them's new...
But I think there's another one-shot that's all new coming?

Cary said...

is he working on other projects or what's the deal i wonder? i need to look that up and see i guess. google is my friend!