Tuesday, May 23, 2006

MEANWHILE AT THE MOVIES... it's coming!


Not sure if it will be good or bad, but I'll be checkin it out.
I've heard it's a departure from the Singer films (natch, since it's helmed by new director Ratner), but as much as I like the quiet, character driven first two films, I always thought they needed some more pizzaz.
X2 for instance was unanimously helmed as far superior to 1, but I found it the other way around.
I also didn't like how both films relied on hokey overpowered set driven Hollywood-style finales (which is unfortunately par for the course on super hero flicks). The previews of X3 make it seem as if we're due for more of the same in that department (and more bad hair for Halle Berry and crew), but I'm down for a different take on the franchise.

We'll see!

2 comments:

Javier Hernandez said...

Ya know, I'm really looking forward to this film. Looks brilliant!! And the source material...Holy smokes! How amazing is that... OH! My bad... I thought this was the Muerto movie news you posted...


Just kidding! Actually, X-Men 3 looks like fun. More classic X-Men added to the mix. Sure, it will probably just be a popcorn movie, but aren't they all!

Jason Martin said...

Yes indeedyrooney, I'm lookin forward to it too!

Uh both of them!!!