Thursday, July 26, 2007

SDCC 07 update 3: Thursday

Another day, another shitload of people, and the sell-outs continue, as Friday (tomorrow) has also sold out as well.

I tried to get shots of interesting attendees, but missed a couple... most notably, Stan Lee as he was whisked by in front of my table surrounded by security. Alas, my camera takes forever to set for a shot, so I missed him!
I did grab Sid Haig (Captain Spaulding of House of 1000 Corpses, and The Devils Rejects fame), and he was cool enough to hold this pose for a ridiculously long time...

There were at least 3 slave Leia's walking around, this was perhaps the best (there's no shortage of them around cons these days)...

And this morning, as I grabbed my copy of Comics From Mars #1 (by Paul Pope), and King City volume 1 from Tokyopop (by Brandon Graham), I found the Cherry Darling amputee model, and got her picture (along with a mob of other photogs)!

My wife, Tami, made it to the show, for the first time this trip, around quarter to 5, just in time to hit the Lost season 4 panel... I'll try and upload some pics on that later...
Sounds like they basically highlighted how "everything ties together, and they know where it's all going", ha ha. Look forward to more flash forwards, the Dharma initiative fully revealed early on, the return of Michael (who appeared as a surprise guest on the panel), and the significance of Rousseau and her story over the next two seasons.

Tomorrow I've got two good friends hitting the show, Randy Kintz (Jason and the Argonauts), who's also from Portland and will likely be hanging at the table, and Javier Hernandez (El Muerto), who's got a screening of the independent film adaptation of his comic at 9PM at the con. Tami and I, and likely some friends, plan to attend the Aztec Zombie Wilmer Valderrama feature!

2 comments:

Jason Berek-Lewis said...

I SERIOUSLY have to get to a SDCC one day - and not only for the slave Leias!! ;) I hope you had a great show.

Jason Martin said...

Ha ha!
Yes, you do.
We met a fellow Ausie who knew you, another aspiring writer I think?
And talked with at least 2 or 3 other Australians at the table.
Small world.

But yes, if you came for Wizard LA, you should def come for SDCC!!!
It's 10 times that show, easy!
(plus it'd be cool ta meet ya mate)

And yes, had a great show, as always :)