Sunday, July 22, 2007

SUPER REAL NOTES - Sketchbooks and Comic-Cons

Here it is, less than 24 hours before our annual trek to sunny southern California, and the mayhem that is Comic-Con International!! I say "our", because since my first year solo exhibiting the con in 2003 (back in those infant stages of Super Real), my wife has joined me. She used to help at the tabel a bit, but now she just goes for the good times checking out the show, the town, and the people. This year, we're even bringing our dog Choco (the chihuahua)!

Anyway, as I try to wrap up the endless loose ends and fully prepare for the 8 day trip, and 5 day show, I wanted to share some more info on the new sketchbook I'll be debuting at the show, and the latest addition to my 2007 convention schedule:

2007 Jason Martin SKETCHBOOK: PLANET LADIES

A goofy, somewhat awkward title, but one I think works visually well with the Grindhouse inspired cover image, that also tells you what's in store inside... namely 22 pages of pinups, sketches, and commissions featuring only the ladies of fandom.
My first book featuring art completely outside the scope of Super Real.

Like the previous Super Real Sketchbooks, this one also comes with a personal sketch in each copy.
They're $10 and available via PayPal if you get your orders in before Comic-Con (end of next week).
Paypal id - jasinmartin@hotmail.com
Please add $2.50 for 1st class, or $5.50 for priority US mail (international please email for shipping).

Also, act quick if you want one of the remaining 2006 Super Real sketchbooks, I anticipate selling out on those in San Diego.

WIZARD WORLD CHICAGO

If you can't make it to the mecha of comic cool in San Diego, maybe you can make it to the next best thing?

I'll be in artist alley at Wizard World Chicago again this year, so if you're at the windy city con, I'll see you there!
(Stay tuned for more details on this one)!

No comments: