Wednesday, October 01, 2014

FAN ART: Dr Who

I'm loving the new season of DR WHO, and also quite like the new 12th Doctor as played by Peter Capaldi.

Earlier this year, during the 50th anniversary celebration, I started a fan art cast lineup of all 12 Doctors, but got pulled away and only ever finished the first Doctor. Upon returning to work on it just recently, I decided it was best to work my way from the most current Doctors back in time. So, I've recently completed my take on number 12, the new Peter Capaldi Doctor...
And also Matt Smith, the 11th Doctor.
I'd watched a little bit of Doctor Who when it was on PBS in my youth, with the 4th Doctor, Tom Baker (he of the frizz fro and the impossibly long scarf). And I tried to watch it when the new series began several years ago and it was airing on Sci-Fi (back before it was SYFY)... but couldn't get into it. As the show went on however, I kept hearing folks rave about it, so when they rebooted with the new Matt Smith 11th Doctor regeneration I decided to give it another shot, and absolutely fell in love. It's truly a quirky, and very British, treat of a show, and Matt Smith was incredible in the role. That said, its great how the show reboots itself and casts new actors in the role, so I'm fine with the companions, and even the Doctor himself changing.

At any rate, here are the two I have fully finished, and I hope to get to the rest of the Doctors farily soon (David Tennant is already on his way)!

No comments: