Friday, July 07, 2006

SUPER REAL NOTES - 7/7

MISC

As you may have noticed, I haven't been posting much lately... things have been really busy.
Wizard World Philly, a couple of 4 day camp trips, and mounting tasks for Super Real.

The latest thing that's filling my time has been the production of the first Super Real Flash trailer, something I've wanted to create, well, since I first started this project. I've always thought a movie-style trailer would be the perfect way to give folks a taste of what Super Real is really like. Talking about the concept, or previewing pages from the first issues only give a limited understanding of what the book is truly like. Short of actually reading it, a trailer seems the best way to convert folks to the madness that is Super Real. After lucking into contact with an eager Flash animator, the long dreamt of task was underway... or at least planned, but put on the back burner, with the target of completion for the pending comic book mecha that is San Diego Comic Con. With the con rapidly approaching, it was time to set aside everything else, and collaborate with my new friend Jeremy on this exciting project!

So, a couple weeks later, we're nearly completed (I should be working on the last shot as I'm writing this... don't tell), and just in time for the big show, and debut. I can't think of a better place to unveil a promotional trailer for the book than the media and crowd frenzy of SDCC!

If you can't make it to the show, the trailer will be available on the website afterwards, so stay tuned for that... it's a lot of fun!

ISSUE 3

While I've confirmed with Diamond that we will be doing the issue 3 promotion I spoke of last time, I still don't yet have the firm details. I will have those for you next week though...

As for the release date, that should stand as I mentioned last time as August 7th (give or take a week). So, very soon!

Again, more details to come next week, I promise.

STAY TUNED,
jason

No comments: