Wednesday, August 08, 2007

SUPER REAL NOTES - STOP! Pinup time!

Received a couple pinups from San Diego, and another that's been in the works since Pittsburgh, so thought I'd share...

First up we have this digitally painted (and rather risque) piece from Super Real issue 3 variant artist, Hector Sevilla (Lullaby, upcoming Leviticus Cross from Dabel Brothers)...


Next is a sketch that I received from artist Charles Holbert Jr. at the con. Charles had stopped by the table with a friend the day before to check out the book, and dropped this off to me a day or so later, which was really cool...
He had a great portfolio, and you can check out his DeviantArt gallery HERE

This great action shot is from Penelope Rivera whom I met at the recent Pittsburgh Comicon... Pene is engaged to Jerry Gaylord, an artist I'd met the year before at Wizard World Philly, who has done a section of pages in the upcoming Super Real Special (and he actually colored this piece too)...

Pene (or Peng Peng) and Jerry are both great artists, and really cool people, with quite a talented crew of creators working for the their Identity Comics collective... check more out from them HERE


I actually have a few more pinups that came in this week from Dan Mendoza, but I'm holding those back till I showcase what he's been working up as one of the contributing guest artists for the next Special...
So, tune in next week for that!

No comments: