Friday, March 04, 2011

New book! - Emerald City Comicon this weekend!!

Also in preparation for this weekend's Emerald City Comicon in Seattle, I went into the vault and updated to make more available a short story I did four years ago now, YETI.

Yeti was a short story that I contributed to and was published in JOSH HOWARD PRESENTS SASQUATCH April 2007. The book was one of many stories that were somehow related to Sasquatch, Bigfoot, Yeti, etc, and had everything from horror, to comedy, sci-fi, and everything in-between. My story took a decidedly different approach to the subject, and was a fun cartoony sci-fi flavored departure, with a bit of a twist ending. I also took the gig as a chance to work the opposite of what I did with Super Real, and use all actual media (well, mostly). I always really liked the story and intend to revisit it for Pulp Girls (more on that later), and since I was out of copies of Sasquatch to offer, I felt it was time.

Since the work was a bit old, and simplistic, I took some time to spruce it up a little and play with some new artistic styles I'd been wanting to work out. So I'm really happy to offer the book again, for the first time!

You can get a copy at the show, I'll have a very limited amount, all hand made, full color, ash-can size bursts of fun. But plan to make more upon my return, which I'll offer online at that point.

Here's a look at the book...


EMERALD CITY COMICON

I will be at the always amazing Emerald City Comicon this weekend in Seattle WA, in artist alley at space B-21!!

The ECCC is my best show now, and one of my faves. A really tremendous show, very well run, that has the most amazing artist alley bar none, and this year they're moving to 3 days. Should be a good time. I'm looking forward to the show, and catching up with old friends!

Also along for the trip riding co-pilot is my ZOMBIE TRAMP creator, Dan Mendoza. Dan's hanging out at the Super Real Graphics compound and making his first appearance at the show. We'll both be signing and sketching all weekend, with copies of all my stuff, and of course the recent ZOMBIE TRAMP graphic novel!

See you there!

No comments: