Saturday, November 25, 2006

COMIC PICK OF THE WEEK! 11/15

Whoops! Got behind; holidays, work, marketing... So it's past time for the COMIC PICK OF THE WEEK, my weekly rundown of new comics, where I pick the best of the bunch. Then everyone is invited to join in and post their favorites for the week in the comments!

I'll make this quick this time...

Supergirl 11 had pretty art by Joe Benitez, loved that, the story though... eh
Bomb Queen II 2 was good, more over the top shenanigans from Jimmie Robinson...
Girls 19, things keep progressing, slowly, but the ride is quite enjoyable...
Day of the Dead: The Rising of Bub 1 was mostly cool, like how it weaved into the actual movie, and the art was pretty nice, but the colors and story were a bit confusing...
X-Men First Class 3 of 8 was another solid old school x-team yarn...
New Avengers 25 continued the Civil War theme where we focus on one team member dealing with the event... yawn, I've reemed these enough so I won't again this week... good art though...
Civil War 5, since it was a slow week, I wanted to make it my pick, but it was really just a string of "cool" moments, not much actually going on. I really dig Millar's stories, until the final act, where he always seems to let down, and here, even if he delivers on that, he's still off considerably with characterization. And, what the hell?!? Isn't this supposed to showcase the heavy hitters of the Marvel U?!?! If so, they've got a pretty lame bunch of C list characters to offer up...

PICK OF THE WEEK: BLACKGAS 2 #1

Well, I had to pick something... so this gets it. It really wasn't that great, but the series is fun, and I like how the first lead up and into this new series. It's solid zombie storytelling, both in words and pictures, and I love zombies, but there's not much "new" and exciting going on here.

Worth a read if you're into zombies, or followed the first run.

How about you, what's your pick this week???

No comments: