Tuesday, February 13, 2007

SUPER REAL NOTES - Pinups

I posted recently about the new Josh Howard exclusive cover for the upcoming Super Real Special #1 - SUPER REAL VS THE COMIC BOOK INDUSTRY, and explained how Josh turned in a pinup for the book, but I decided to make it cover. So, I thought I'd share the original art, sans the cover graphics, so you could see the full on pinup design (as it differs slightly from what's on the cover). Mainly, I had to drop the word balloons, as Diamond couldn't promote it with the language as it is (and obviously, swapping his pinup title for the books). I thought the idea was fun, and also suited Shana perfectly.

You can check out the cover design in the last Super Real Notes if you missed that (see link below).

I also received another pinup today, from Art Assassin (aka David Harrigan). David is known for his over the top sexy pinups, and when he offered to do something for Super Real, naturally I couldn't refuse! Here's his take on Shana/Participant 5 (again) at the beach (also again), keeping cool!

You can check out more work from Art Assassin at his website HERE

I'm going to compile a book of the many Super Real pinups for the upcoming con season, so keep your eyes peeled for that, Josh and Dave's great pinups will of course be included!!

STAY TUNED,
jason

No comments: