Wednesday, October 10, 2007

SUPER REAL SPECIAL: VS The Movie Industry / PREVIEW 8 - Josh Howard / PART 1

Some of you may have heard of this Josh Howard kid, he's done a few Dead@17 mini series for Viper Comics, to big success, a series for Devils Due, and even a book for DC/Minx among other things.

While cranking out his own stellar creations, and taking big time gigs, Josh was kind enough to help out some random dude he met at San Diego Comic-Con a few years back (that's me) with cover art, a couple times over, for Super Real, and being that I don't know when to say when, I even pestered the man into doing some interior pages for the book. Those pages are part of the new/upcoming Super Real Special - SUPER REAL VS THE MOVIE INDUSTRY, due out in comic shops this November.

You may recall in these weeks of behind-the-scenes art previews, that the new special, is double-sized, full color, and wholly written by me, and featuring a slew of amazing artists? Good. Well, if you've been following along, you'll have noticed that we've previewed all 5 of the featured artists (myself included... it's really all about me, me, me isn't it), except, one Mr. Josh Howard, the featured creator of the featured... the big gun as it were.

Well, I'm here with your first glimpse at the awesome pages from Mr. Howard, from the horror inspired section of the book naturally (hey, you don't want to type cast someone, but you gotta admit Josh has made his bread and butter with dark gothic cartoon gals - however, to my recollection, just by him taking this gig, it's his first superpowered work in the industry too... outside of pinups etc).

So anyway, time to show the goods, here's a page from Josh's section...
and it's colored by your truly! (see, I warned you it's all about me)
Yep, I offered to color his pages, and Josh was kind enough to turn over the inked files and let me have at them. Truly an honor! As was working on and assembling this book. I've hesitated to say it was the best thing I've done to date, not wanting to slight the creators who pitched in on the last special, but after adding them to this new books lineup (yes, there's another sixth, as-of-yet-unmentioned section that features most the talent from the last special), and having some very cool pinups added to the mix as well, I'm quite confident, and proud to say, this is the best book ever!! Or at least the best book I've done ;)

So, stay tuned, as we close in on November and the pending release of the book, there's still a boat-load of cool artwork to share!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Werewolves!?! This book is going to be off the hook!