Tuesday, February 19, 2008

SUPER REAL NOTES - 2/19/08

As my focus broadens out from just creating and self publishing Super Real, I'm going to keep the blog as my home for anything pertaining to me, and therefore the Super Real Notes will be more than just notes on Super Real :)

As I've mentioned here recently, I've got two projects going on in addition to Super Real (which is on track for a mid-to late 08 return).

One being the first book I'm publishing outside Super Real, the new OGN line, Super Real Graphics Presents, and it's first offering Gnome. As you recall, Gnome is a 64 page digest sized full color book currently open for orders in the February Previews catalog, by my friend, and swanky comics maestro, Dave Dwonch.
I've just updated the site there, which includes a 9 page preview of the book, and the new limited edition print promo...
Check it out HERE

We're getting free copies of the print to any interested retailers who stock the book, so if your shop does, perhaps they can score one for ya!
Check the LIST or check with your shop! :)

Gnome is a great book, and I can't wait to share it with the comic loving masses!

Second, would be the exciting new world of sketch cards. I'd mentioned being signed up to do sketch cards for the upcoming Marvel Masterpieces 2 set from Upper Deck a ways back, and well, the cards finally showed up today... all 200 of them!
Back when I committed to that many I thought the comp cards, or artist cards (the blank cards they get the artist as part of the payment, to sell or do whatever they like with), were correlated to however many cards you did, but it seems like everyone gets the same 10 cards, regardless. So here I have mountains of cards to move, for the same amount of artist proof cards! (They do also pay a small amount per card)

Just confirmed it looks like those are due back around mid to late April, so over the next 2 months I'll need to work through those (at a pace of 25 per week). We'll see how detailed I get on them. I'll likely do a good percentage of detailed, mid range, and quick. We'll see.
I'll try and post some here to share!

Looks like I'll be having fun picking which Marvel characters to do... all X-Men? Or a full mix? Avengers? FF? All ladies? I'm a Marvel fan going all the way back, so this will be a delight (I hope), alas licesed characters are out, so no Rom etc!

In the meantime, there were plenty of personal sketch cards I did recently and sold on eBay, that you can see in my DeviantArt gallery.

Or, if you're interested in any custom sketch cards, just let me know and I can sell those direct!

And finally, I've got another top secret project I'm working on with many of the folks who've helped on the Super Real specials in the past, that's slowly coming together. As I get the Gnome book further in my rear view mirror, I'll be able to ratchet up the production on that.
It's a lot of fun, and shaping up very well!!!
Can't wait to share!

So, stay tuned in for updates on all of this in the months ahead!
Thanks,
jason!

No comments: