Sunday, May 15, 2005

HEY DJ! - Trent talks (candidly) to the MTV

If you're a NIN fan, or have picked up With Teeth, check out a recent MTV.com interview/feature on the man behind the music, Trent Reznor. A great write up on the making of the album with candid insights into Trent's journey to this point.

"It was incredibly therapeutic because I could actually think again," he says. "And I liked myself again and was more enthused about working than I'd ever been. I felt like I'm not anchored to this black cloud that's going to descend on me. I was taking certain chances and allowing something to sound a certain way because I felt more confident than I had. I felt good about things for a change. I'm not saying it's a happy record, [because] it's exploring a lot of things about coming out of that cloud and trying to figure out who I am and what I am with a lot of fresh terrible experiences to think about."

He muses, on recovery from addiction and getting back into music.

Yes kids, this is the same Mr. Reznor, just perhaps stronger than he has been in a decade or so... As With Teeth proves.

No comments: