Saturday, May 14, 2005

MEANWHILE AT THE MOVIES... The dark side is strong in this one


As I recently heard, the final Star Wars installment is indeed going to carry a PG-13 rating.

MSN is currently running a blurb about that HERE
With some comments from Lucas.

"We're getting a lot of flak from parents, a lot of people saying how can you do this? My children love these movies. Why can you not let them go see it?" Lucas told The Associated Press in a recent interview. "But I have to tell a story. I'm not making these, oddly enough, to be giant, successful blockbusters. I'm making them because I'm telling a story, and I have to tell the story I intended."


Good for him for sticking to the higher rating, regardless of whatever pressures might dictate otherwise. Not that the final dark chapter, even darkly titled, doesn't get some boost from a coincidently darker rating. Tricky Jedi mind tricks...

No comments: